Upgrading a database may report a timeout error when running a particular script.
SQL Knowledge is required
A working knowledge of SQL Management Studio is required to complete this task
Follow these steps to allow the upgrade to complete.
- Upgrade until timeout error occurs
- Copy the failed script from the SY_UpgradeScripts table (SELECT * FROM SY_UpgradeScripts WHERE Status =2), and run it manually in SQL Management Studio (it has no timeout)
- Update the failed script's status to Succeeded in the SY_UpgradeScripts table (UPDATE SY_UpgradeScripts SET Status = 1 WHERE Status =2)
- Run the upgrade again, choosing to "Resume"
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each timeout until the upgrade is complete